Apply For Housing Here
Choose Your Language
PRE-APPLICATIONS FOR FORT WORTH HOUSING SOLUTIONS (FWHS)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Written requests for persons with disabilities or persons needing assistance must be put in writing to the FWHS Office.
Before you begin the application process, please have available your social security card, names and dates of birth of all family members. You will also need income of all family members. Make sure you have typed correctly all information. Have paper and pen ready to write down your confirmation number.
Submit only ONE application to Fort Worth Housing Solutions (FWHS).
Duplicate forms will not be accepted.
Disclaimer Applications can be received online anytime during the wait list period. Applicants will receive a confirmation number to acknowledge successful transmission of the application. By submitting this pre-application information you are not guaranteed placement on any waiting list.
Maintaining Your Status on the Waiting List If you are added to the waiting list, you will be notified by mail when your name comes to the top of the waiting list or if we are updating our files. If you do not respond to our notifications, or your letter is returned undeliverable, your name will be removed from the waiting list. If you have a change of address, phone number, income or family size, you must notify us within 10 business days of the change. ALL CHANGES MUST BE IN WRITING. No changes will be taken over the phone. Please include your social security number on any correspondence.
- An applicant must qualify as an individual or family as defined by FWHS.
- Head of household must be at least 18 years of age at the time of this pre-application or an emancipated minor by a court of competent jurisdiction, consistent with Texas law.
- Family must have annual income at the time of admission that does not exceed the established income limits at the time of admission according to the maximum income by family size established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Applicant and all adult members of the family must pass a criminal background check.
- Applicant or any member of the family that has ever been convicted of manufacturing or producing methamphetamine on the premises of any federally-assisted housing or any family household member that is subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program will not be eligible for housing assistance.
- Applicant and all members of the family must provide documentation of social security numbers for all family members or certify that they do not have social security numbers at the time of initial eligibility interview.
- Applicant and all members of the family must meet HUD requirements on citizenship or immigration status.
- Applicant or any member of the family who currently owes rent or other amounts to FWHS or any other housing authority will not be offered assistance until the outstanding balance is paid in full.
The Fort Worth Housing Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to, admission into, or employment in housing programs or activities.
As of Aug. 15, 2022, Fort Worth Housing Solutions will operate from a new administration building. Our new address for mail and in-person business is:
Fort Worth Housing Solutions 1407 Texas St. Fort Worth, Texas 76102
Enter your Agent Code here...